Sunday, February 12, 2012

Painting with Light

For my painting with light photo I used my Nikon D7000 and kept it indoors where I knew things would be controlled and even under thoe circumstances it was still difficult to get a good photo. I did keep trying though and after many many attempts I  decided this was the best one. As you can see I painted a heart. I wanted to create it in the spirit of Valentines day. Don't worry I won't mushy here or anything like that. I just wanted to create art for this time of the year. Well as I say it took many tries to get a good photo. One would think it would've been simple to create such a simple shape, but it wasn't. Then again this is really my only second time trying to do it.It makes me wonder how many times Picasso did his light paintings. At least a couple times one would think. As for my adventures into painting with light, it's something that I would like to try more of perhaps with a model even that is painting or maybe even myself getting in the frame and painting around her. All ideas that I should write down to remember even though I don't think I'll be forgetting it since it has to do with taking photos. My shutter speed was slow at 8 seconds long, with an aperture of F13 and an ISO of 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment