Friday, February 24, 2012

Self Portrait in the eye of a Horse

Since I don't remember hearing that the eye had to be of a human. I decided to get a little creative and use a horses eye. I went horseback riding with some friends the other day and brought my camera along with me knowing I would have a chance to take some good photos. While actually riding I left my camera in my car because I didn't want to have to babysit it while riding. I've done that before and it got annoying. So when we got back from the ride, I got it and got in the face of my friends horse that she had just ridden. Hers was just a better candidate for the look I wanted. Mine had red bridle that just stood out more and didn't fit the profile on how a horse should really look in a photo. Anyways on to the whole point of the photo which was to make a self portrait in the eye of the subject that was being shot. I think I did fairly good job at. Once zoomed into the horses eye you can see me holding my camera up to my face in a vertical fashion, with one hand on the camera body and the other supporting the lens. Of course my face is hidden by the camera but that's the way it's suppose to be, I am a photographer after all... The image was shot with my Nikon D7000 at F9 with a shutter speed of 1/125 and an ISO of 125.

No comments:

Post a Comment